Jeffersonville, Vermont is a small town with a population of approximately 3,000 people. It is located in the northwest corner of the state and is nestled between the Green Mountains and Lake Champlain. The climate in Jeffersonville is typical of most New England towns – cold winters, hot summers, and a mild spring and fall. The town has an interesting history that dates back to the late 1700s when it was first settled by Europeans. Today, the town remains a vibrant community with many historic buildings still standing. See health-beauty-guides for top counties in Vermont.
Politically, Jeffersonville is part of Lamoille County and its residents are represented in both local and state government. In terms of economy, the town relies largely on tourism to sustain it. There are several popular ski resorts located nearby as well as numerous outdoor activities that draw visitors from around the world. Additionally, there are many small businesses located in downtown Jeffersonville that provide employment opportunities for locals.
The education system in Jeffersonville is well-regarded for its high quality curriculum and excellent teachers. The town has one public school which serves students from kindergarten through twelfth grade as well as two private schools for lower grades. There are also several higher education institutions located within an hour’s drive including Johnson State College and Middlebury College which offer degree programs ranging from associate’s degrees to master’s degrees.
As far as landmarks go, some of the most recognizable ones in Jeffersonville include the historic Congregational Church, the Old Town Hall, and the Jeffersonville Historical Society. Additionally, there are several parks and trails located around town for visitors to explore. The local farmers market is also a popular destination on summer weekends. All in all, Jeffersonville is a charming town with a lot to offer residents and visitors alike.
Population: 568. Estimated population in July 2020: 569 (+0.2% change)
Males: 280 (49.3%), Females: 288 (50.7%)
Median resident age: 32.1 years
Median household income: $38,333
Median house value: $123,700
Races in Jeffersonville:
- White Non-Hispanic (97.4%)
- Two or more races (1.9%)
- American Indian (1.4%)
- Hispanic (0.9%)
Ancestries: Irish (23.4%), English (16.0%), French (13.2%), French Canadian (10.4%), German (6.5%), United States (6.5%).
Elevation: 459 feet
Land area: 0.8 square miles
Neah Jeffersonville, Vermont is a small rural town located in the Lamoille Valley of northern Vermont. It is the home to approximately 1,200 residents, according to the 2010 U.S. Census. The majority of the population is white (96%), followed by African American (1%), Asian (1%) and other races (2%).
The town has a small business district with a handful of restaurants and stores, but most residents commute to nearby towns for work opportunities. The cost of living in Neah Jeffersonville is relatively low compared to other areas in Vermont. The median home value is $133,800 according to Zillow, and rent prices are quite affordable compared to other parts of the state. Utilities are also reasonable and average around $150 per month for electricity and heating costs combined.
In terms of education, Neah Jeffersonville has one elementary school that serves students from kindergarten through grade eight. There are also several daycare facilities in town for younger children as well as recreational activities such as sports leagues for teens and adults alike. These activities provide an opportunity for residents to come together as a community while enjoying all that nature has to offer in this beautiful part of Vermont.
For population 25 years and over in Jeffersonville
- High school or higher: 91.7%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 31.0%
- Graduate or professional degree: 4.8%
- Unemployed: 7.7%
- Mean travel time to work: 30.1 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Jeffersonville village
- Never married: 28.8%
- Now married: 53.1%
- Separated: 2.1%
- Widowed: 7.7%
- Divorced: 8.3%
1.4% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +103 (+22.2%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Jeffersonville:
- COPLEY HOSPITAL (about 17 miles; MORRISVILLE, VT)
- VERMONT STATE HOSP DISTINCT PART UNIT (about 21 miles; WATERBURY, VT)
- NORTHWESTERN MEDICAL CENTER INC (about 22 miles; SAINT ALBANS, VT)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Jeffersonville:
- BURLINGTON INTL (about 26 miles; BURLINGTON, VT; Abbreviation: BTV)
- CLINTON CO (about 48 miles; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Abbreviation: PLB)
- RUTLAND STATE (about 78 miles; RUTLAND, VT; Abbreviation: RUT)
Other public-use airports nearest to Jeffersonville:
- MORRISVILLE-STOWE STATE (about 18 miles; MORRISVILLE, VT; Abbreviation: MVL)
- FRANKLIN COUNTY STATE (about 27 miles; HIGHGATE, VT; Abbreviation: FSO)
- EDWARD F KNAPP STATE (about 37 miles; BARRE/MONTPELIER, VT; Abbreviation: MPV)
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Jeffersonville:
- UNIVERSITY OF VERMONT AND STATE AGRICULTURAL COLL (about 23 miles; BURLINGTON, VT; Full-time enrollment: 8,852)
- SAINT MICHAELS COLLEGE (about 26 miles; COLCHESTER, VT; Full-time enrollment: 2,272)
- NORWICH UNIVERSITY (about 37 miles; NORTHFIELD, VT; Full-time enrollment: 2,585)
- SUNY COLLEGE AT PLATTSBURGH (about 45 miles; PLATTSBURGH, NY; Full-time enrollment: 5,601)
- MIDDLEBURY COLLEGE (about 50 miles; MIDDLEBURY, VT; Full-time enrollment: 2,265)
- DARTMOUTH COLLEGE (about 76 miles; HANOVER, NH; Full-time enrollment: 5,309)
- PLYMOUTH STATE COLLEGE (about 103 miles; PLYMOUTH, NH; Full-time enrollment: 3,542)
Public primary/middle school in Jeffersonville:
- CAMBRIDGE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL (Students: 324; Location: 186 SCHOOL ST; Grades: PK – 06)
Library in Jeffersonville:
- VARNUM MEMORIAL (Operating income: $21,474; Location: P.O. BOX 198, 194 MAIN ST.; 9,287 books; 72 audio materials; 150 video materials; 23 serial subscriptions)