- Go to an appointment with an Ayurvedic doctor and be cured of any disease without pills.
- Do yoga on the beach and understand that chakras are not a myth.
- Find Shiva’s head on Vagator Beach, take a photo with it and brag to the less fortunate.
- Go to a Vedic astrologer and finally understand your destiny.
- Get a temporary henna tattoo – mehendi just before leaving to surprise your family with a fancy pattern.
- Go to the market in Arpora, learn how to bargain and buy a bunch of clothes three times cheaper.
- Order a grilled shark for dinner at a ridiculous price, and then try all the Goan seafood.
- Visit the elephant show, watch how they play football, climb on one of them and let yourself be doused with water from the trunk.
- Dance until the morning at a trance party.
- Pet a local cow, if not scary, and thus receive absolution.
Goa is the birthplace of the trance of the same name, the musical direction (it is for the sake of mega-parties that crowds of people flock here from all over the globe), and a blessed place where marijuana is first frightened with a life sentence, and then they threaten with a finger and let go for ten bucks.
The main entertainment in Goa, the notorious trance parties are very mysterious events.
There are official places where you can safely come after midnight and spin around in a wild dance until the morning (for example, Hill Top, where admission is free for “whites”). And there are mysterious semi-legal “parties”, about which nothing is known until the last moment: where exactly they will take place and whether they will take place at all. It all depends on whether the organizers will be able to negotiate with the local authorities. But literally a quarter of an hour after receiving permission, any local child will know the exact place and time of the disco, not to mention taxi drivers and sari sellers.
Popular tours in Goa
The following excursions are especially popular among tourists: “The Gold of Vasco da Gama”, a cruise on a “pirate” schooner “Visiting Banderlog”, an excursion to Mumbai, a two-day jeep excursion to the abandoned city of Hampi and “Know Goa!” – an excursion for respectable white tourists through the nightly crazy Goa of hippies and ravers.
The state’s most famous natural attraction is also in demand – Dudhsagar Falls, as well as the Spice and Crocodiles excursion to the Savoy Spice Garden and a boat trip along the Kumbarhua Canal in search of these cute animals. Thrill-seekers will enjoy the Jungle Book 1 excursion (a one-day excursion to the mountain jungle, bamboo rafting, lunch, elephant riding), as well as the Jungle Book 2 (two-day excursion combining the Jungle Book 1 program) with a walk to the waterfall, yoga lessons and accommodation in clay huts).
- Is it possible to go on an excursion to Kanyakumari from Goa
- How to independently go to Bollywood from Goa
Goa for kids
The warm sea and sandy beaches make Goa a great place to relax with children, the main thing is to choose a clean area with developed infrastructure. In this regard, the resorts of the southern coast can be called more suitable – the northern states are much more crowded than in the south.
However, the sun, sea and sand are not a guarantee of an interesting holiday. In Goa, there is enough entertainment for children, including very young ones. Toddlers will appreciate visiting Pond Butterfly Park. A great attraction for older kids is a walk to the dolphin habitats. School-age children will also be delighted with local nature reserves, where rare animals and outlandish birds can be found. And a trip to an old dilapidated fortress, such as Fort Aguada, can be a real adventure for any Jack Sparrow.
In addition, Goa has two water parks – Melange (Blue Lady Water Park) in Baga and Splashdown Goa on the outskirts of Anjuna.
- Is it possible to fly to Goa with a small child
The mild uniform climate and the short monsoon period in June-July allow you to relax in Goa all year round. Tropical winter (October-March) is considered the best time to travel. Summer (April and May) can be very hot and humid. However, on the coast it is quite easy to bear, but from June to September it can be relatively cold, this period is suitable for those who do not like hot weather. See CITYPOPULATIONREVIEW for weather information.
From October to March, the weather is especially good for families with children. It is not stuffy at night, there is no sweltering heat during the day. No warm jackets, hats, characteristic of the Russian winter.